VR Game Designer
Our client is an award-winning EdTech company, designing and delivering the most exciting, immersive, ground- breaking learning experiences in Virtual Reality.
Based in London, you will be working with dynamic innovators to create cutting-edge multi-user VR learning experiences on the Meta Quest 2 headsets.
- Design and develop VR games from concept to launch;
- Create and implement game mechanics, gameplay, and level design;
- Collaborate with the Art & Engineering teams to ensure that the game is optimised for VR;
- Work closely with members of a multi-disciplinary team to bring the learning game to life;
- Test VR learning games to ensure they meet the expected design expectations and learning outcomes;
- Continuously iterate and improve game design based on user feedback;
- Stay current with the latest VR technology and trends
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team of designers in the creation of high-quality Virtual Reality learning experiences and features
- Taking ownership for scheduling the release of design outputs and maintaining planning foresight
- Maintaining effective information flow to ensure team members are aligned
- Driving the development of VR features through inspirational, leading-edge, and high-quality design
- Coaching, mentoring, and providing feedback to junior team members in a clear and constructive manner
- Improving work methods and pipelines to make the team process more efficient
- Collaborating with internal teams to ensure features meet the creative & technical needs of the project
- Taking a hands-on approach to prototype, balance, tinker, and playtest directly in Unity to optimise the deliverable
- Creating briefs and comprehensive documents for features
- Researching and analysing latest trends, developments, and techniques in VR
- 2+ years' experience with Unity 3D Engine.
- Strong understanding of game mechanics, level design and gameplay.
- Experience designing for Meta Quest 2 headsets.
- A great portfolio displaying previous VR design work using Unity 3D.
- Healthy benefits package, healthy unlimited snacks.
- Competitive salary
If you are a talented VR Wizz looking for a design role within an innovative and supportive company, please get in touch.