International Architecture, Interior and Design studio, who are very respected are looking to add a Studio Director to their busy, talented and 45 strong London team. You will be adding to their Leadership team, where you will be responsible for working with the MD on the operations and day to day running of the office, alongside the key responsibility of Business Development for the London office.
You will bring in new business and clients, whilst maintaining and developing existing key accounts for continued repeat work. This will be essential part of the job, but you will also assist with overseeing some assigned projects, working closely with the Project Managers and Design Director
Business Development & Marketing
- Be active in the marketplace; meet and greets; networking; speaking/presenting and obtaining RFP's
- In collaboration with London leadership team, business development team and marketing team, oversee preparation of proposals for new work and lead presentations.
- Engage in making prospect and new client calls.
- Coordinate all activities with Business Development and Marketing staff.
- Develop appropriate business development skills among all levels of professional staff.
Although your key responsibility will be the Marketing and Business Development for the studio, you will also help play a part in other aspects of studio and project management below:-
Operations and Project Management
- Provide oversight so that projects within the Office are managed effectively and performed within the firm's project delivery schedule and within the client's program, time and cost constraints.
- Regularly review the project workload and project schedule against staffing levels and direct corrective action as required to mitigate the impact on quality and schedule.
- Provide mentoring and project support to the Team Leaders/Project Managers and assist with implementing corrective action on specific projects, as required
- Ensure that the duties, responsibilities authorities and accountability for performance for each team member are clearly defined, communicated and understood.
- In collaboration with HR, manage recruitment process within the office. And ensure that performance evaluations are conducted annually for all Studio staff
- Ideally but not mandatory, RIBA certification, with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Significant experience bringing in new business
- Proven ability to manage and mentor staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience and understanding of contractual and regulatory issues.
- Experience in constructing a budget and managing income against expense.
- Ability and willingness to work in an entrepreneurial fashion to expand studio growth
The team are fantastic, the projects challenging and rewarding, and the rewards are generous. Please apply in confidence for more information.