Based Shanghai, China, this is an exciting opportunity to join a pioneering Global firm where good design and sustainability work hand-in-hand.
We are seeking a creative individual who can:
* Create and develop innovative, thoughtful and culturally sensitive design solutions on both roadmap and advanced concept projects.
* Research into design, social and technological trends as well as consumer segments, and market competitors to inspire the organisation and guide your design directions
* Create outstanding presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches, user scenarios, high-quality renderings, and appearance models
* Build CAD models of intended design directions for the creation of prototypes or to communicate design intent to engineering teams
* Collaborate and lead fellow designers, engineers, and manufacturing partners to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout the projects
* Provide support in the development of internal skills and tools to help the team stay at the forefront of the design field
* Develop and mentor junior staff
The ideal would be to have:
* A Bachelor's degree or Diploma in Industrial Design
* 6-8 years' experience of designing products from concepts all the way to tooling and production
* Excellent skills in ideation, concept visualization, form development, CAD, model making and rapid prototyping
* The ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options: forms, colours, finishes, materials
* A flexibility and adaptability of approach, focused on finding a workable solution to every problem
* An extensive knowledge of materials, manufacturing, and engineering processes
* Strong sketching skills, both hand-drawn and Digital proficiency in the use of 2D and 3D tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks, Rhinoceros and Keyshot
* Ability to fluently speak and write English. Other Asian languages (especially Mandarin) are a benefit
If you are able to relocate to, or currently live in Shanghai (China) and have the design background above, please send us your Cv and portfolio today!