Our client is a global leader in bath, kitchen and housing technology industry, with studios across Europe, Asia and the US. The West-London based studio is looking for a talented and creative Senior Product/Industrial Designer with experience developing innovative and exciting design solutions. Working as part of a global design team, and with global stakeholders, the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to expand the brand's design capabilities and help in establishing a successful studio in London.
The candidate will work with the team and independently across all areas of the global business, including industrial design, branding, retail, packaging and product graphics. This is a full-time fixed term position based in our new studio in London.
Senior Product/Industrial Designer Job
• Lead industrial design components within multidisciplinary development programs
• Produce robust high-quality surface models
• Produce detailed designs for components and products
• Generate innovative solutions from consumer insight to production
• Communicate concepts and ideas through written, visual and verbal means
• Utilise Autodesk Alias Surface to create Class-A 3D models
• Project management, working closely together with design studio and engineering on design solutions, bringing them from concept to production
• Share best practices within the studio and actively contribute to bringing design standards and processes to the next level
• Travel (potentially) required within the US, Asia and Europe
Candidates must be able to demonstrate the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Industrial/Product Design
• Proven work experience with Product Design within a broad spectrum of industries such as furniture, consumer electronics, white goods, automotive
• Proven work experience with International companies and multiple global brands
• Proficient with use of 3D CAD Autodesk Alias Surface and Rhino
• Proficient with Keyshot, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) as visualisation media tools.
• Excellent visual expression skills (sketching) and a natural sensibility towards aesthetic balance and innovation
• Proven understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes
• Strong awareness of cultural and international trends in art, design, and technology
• Must be extremely organised, detail-oriented and able to multi-task with multiple deadlines
• Fresh thinker and ability to learn and apply new skills quickly
• Demonstrate visual flair and communication skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
In return, we offer competitive base pay + company benefits + career development opportunities within a global company.
Any interested candidates should email a CV and portfolio through to Dan at email@example.com. Due to high volumes we will speak to as many candidates as possible.