£38000.00 - £47000.00 per annum
Based near Cambridge, this large conservation practise is looking for a knowledgeable and dedicated Senior Heritage Consultant to join their successful and friendly team, in the exciting opportunity to work on a range of projects. Working as a part of the regional team along with the wider practise, you will successfully manage your project work and contribute to the development of new business.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- You will provide heritage advice and guidance,
- Undertake research and assessment of buildings and sites within the historic environment
- Compose and contribute to various reports such as Conservation Management Plans, Historic Buildings Appraisals and Impact Assessments.
- You will also prepare fee proposals and contribute to larger bids.
- Managing contributions by other staff and sub-consultants
- A skills base in Archaeology, History, Art History or relevant field is a must, with at least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent skills and demonstrable experience of archival and desk-based research, on-site built fabric analysis and producing well-written reports.
- Experience of providing heritage advice.
- Experience of managing your own workload and running multiple simultaneous projects.
- Working knowledge of current English heritage legislation, policy and guidance.
- Membership(s) of professional institutions, such as the IHBC.
- A UK driving license.
- Experience of preparing tenders and fee proposals.