Our Client is a friendly and fast-paced Interior Design studio with a small, core team of passionate designers encompassing a broad range of talents. Specialising in top-end residential and commercial projects, we have an extensive portfolio of work across London, UK and abroad which has earned our client a long-standing position on the House & Garden Top 100 list.
The successful candidate will have instant access into a thriving design studio where they will be exposed to all aspects of Interior Design.
What You'll Be Doing
The Role Oversee procurement for Interior Design projects all of sizes, managing big-picture resources, budgets, purchases, and schedules. Support Senior Designers, Project Manager, and Studio Manager. As part of an expansion of the team there is now a requirement to hire an individual well versed in the procurement of FF&E as well as co-ordinate the production of various fabrics and furnishings. Given the scope and size of projects being undertaken, this will be a busy and challenging role. Requires proactive problem-solving with an ability to identify risks, communicate challenges, and offer well-balanced and efficient solutions. Organising the purchasing and sourcing of a range of high-end and luxury goods - both off- the-shelf and bespoke pieces. the designers and procurement manager will take ideas from sketch to completion. Supervise all elements of FF&E purchasing to include quotes, sales orders, and invoices. Expected to balance both the meticulous details and the bigger picture for complex projects while remaining calm under pressure. Practice confident communications both internally and externally and lead with a collaborative nature.
- Lead procurement in coordination with Senior Interior Designers, Project Manager, Studio Manager and Finance Controller
- Liaise with suppliers across the globe to obtain quotes and discuss terms of service
- Work with team to source FF&E items from both new and existing suppliers
- Oversee FF&E procurement, monitor and generate quotes, sales orders, and invoices as needed to support Senior Interior Designers
- To work within set budgets and time frames, ensuring items meet the required specification and can be delivered on time
- Oversight of production of FF&E items to ensure key targets and deliverable are met
- Monitor project schedules and contribute to status reports internally and externally
- Liaise with internal teams and contractors to organise FF&E logistics ensuring items are delivered on time and in line with project progress
- A proven track record of negotiating on price, production and quality along with managing the FF&E budget, tender process and delivery.#
- Manage budgets for FF&E alongside Senior Designers and Project Manager, aiming to maximise margins
- Monitor and allocate Hard Finishes hours, ensuring targets are met and budgets are maximised
- Keep track of and approve invoices from suppliers, liaising with the relevant internal departments for reconciliation
- Inspect and receive sign off on quotes and sales orders to ensure accuracy
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients, vendors, and third parties
- Delegate tasks and allocate resources to ensure schedules are met and workloads are evenly distributed
- Identify tools and solutions to improve best practices, i.e. project management software, operations procedures, etc.
- Troubleshoot internally and externally as necessary
- Ad hoc financial duties to be developed
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in procurement and purchasing for high end residential
- Worked previously on FF&E budget of £15+ million
- Good knowledge of furniture design, manufacture, and materials
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised self starter working efficiently and able to manage multiple demands
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Teams) with strong experience using Excel
- A strong analytically and practical approach to problem-solving with an eye for detail
- Knowledge of design/construction industry preferred
- Mac proficient
- Italian speaker a bonus! As an individual you will already be fulfilling a similar role within high end residential design, working closely with a black book of FF&E Contacts to secure world class items. You'll be meticulously organised with a clear eye for quality and delivery of product and be confident in negotiation, conflict resolution and delivering to all key stakeholders.