MID WEIGHT INTERIOR DESIGNER
A requirement for a talented and ambitious Middleweight Interior Designer to join a growing west London design studio.
Our Client is a recognised authority on creating liveable, soulful places, characterised by colour, attention to detail and an eclectic mix of found items.
You will be part of a friendly, dynamic team, working in a stimulating, open plan, studio environment. The studio take great care to look after each member of the company and to promote their professional development. You will be working on an exciting mix of residential and commercial projects.
You will be a self-starter and share our interest in the history of styles, period detailing and antiques, as well as understanding current trends. You will be a keen researcher and have an appetite for colour, texture and the blending of personal and cultural histories.
Supported by Senior Designer or Director:
- Managing and delivering projects on time, on budget and to the highest standard
- Some experience in leading and mentoring other team members, developing their abilities as designers
- Designing joinery, bespoke furniture, lighting & fixed finishes
- Selecting, sourcing and coordinating detailed design packages, FF&E and specifications for tender
- Attending site meetings as representative of the client, reporting to senior designer or director
Experience and qualifications:
- Two plus years' post-qualification experience of high-end residential and/or boutique commercial projects
- demonstrable project management and budgeting skills
- competent producer of detailed drawings, schedules and specifications
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- exceptional attention to detail and some knowledge of materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling
- free-hand sketching skills
- ability to present design concepts and ideas with confidence and passion
- experience of liaising with architects, consultants, specialists and suppliers
- proficient in Vectorworks and Estimac (or similar procurement software)
- Illustrator and Indesign (or similar)
- excellent communication skills in English (verbal, written and visual)