Martin Brudnizki Design Studio is looking for an ambitious and talented Mid-Weight designer with 3-6 years' experience to join the high-end interior design firm, specialising in residential projects.
The candidate needs to be driven and able to apply themselves to the challenges and tasks of working in a demanding but rewarding interior design practice. They will be working on a range of innovative projects, supporting the team's designers in a variety of roles, while learning and developing their skills. The candidate will need to take ownership and responsibility of their own workload, using their initiative and creative skills to solve problems and meet deadlines. The candidate must be proficient in Auto CAD, Photoshop, IN-design, Microsoft, sketch-up and have strong free-hand sketching abilities. Good, confident communication skills will be required, as the candidate will be expected to discuss and present their ideas to the design team and liaise with contractors, consultants and clients.
Responsibilities to include the following:
Assisting the design teams in all areas of their projects, as outlined below:
- Assisting the team with the concept design and presentation by helping with image sourcing, 3D sketching and modelling, Photoshop editing and setting up / printing presentation boards and booklets.
- Assisting the team with lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware sourcing, by investigating and contacting new and innovative suppliers / manufactures. Recording, collating and distributing any supporting technical documentation.
- Researching new materials and finishes, ordering samples and documenting / storing them within the material library.
- Assisting the team with planning and construction Auto CAD drawings, ranging from master plans to small architectural and joinery details.
- Assisting with paper and electronic filing and recording all project documentation.
- Assisting the team with site visits and queries.
- Supporting the general well being of the team and its productivity.
- Candidates should clearly show natural passion for great design and have high attention to detail in both ID & FF&E
- A good knowledge of furniture and materials and where to source them from is highly desirable