A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Assistant to join an award-winning architectural practice in the city of London. The successful applicant will be vital to the smooth running of the office and will work with within the Facilities Team to ensure that the office operates at a high level of comfort and safety throughout each working day.
The daily responsibilities of the role include a high level of hands-on work, from moving furniture and models to fixing maintenance issues, as well as walking around the office to make checks and tackle issues:
- Daily H&S and maintenance walk round, to check for issues, reporting back or tackling in situ
- Carrying out minor office maintenance repairs
- Move the furniture in the Project Room/Refectory as per meeting requirements
- Maintaining heating and cooling throughout the office
- Assist with operation of 'rooftop' and new 3rd floor meeting rooms
- Set up AV equipment for meetings - troubleshooting where necessary
- Twice daily replenishment of paper and consumables in all printers, across all three floors
- Tackle any printer issues alerted via team mailbox
- Ensure milk and fruit delivery is brought up and evenly distributed throughout kitchens
- Continuous tidy of communal areas
- Ensure post is brought up from post room - assisting the Reception Team
- Purchase items on behalf of the team, in line with financial procedures
- Provide back-up to FM team, particularly over lunch period (which are staggered across the team)
The ideal applicant will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills and a "can do attitude". All applicants should be educated to A Level standard, have a good knowledge of Microsoft office and have office or customer service experience.