Are you an architectural professional who's looking to make a transition into a Design Manager role? Perhaps you're an architect who enjoys the client project + team management side more than design + you're curious about other options?
Often, those looking to make the move are faced with a difficult situation; most companies want to hire people that are "ready to go" and already have extensive experience in a similar or the same role. It can be a huge hurdle when you're trying to change careers!
Here is where our client has a huge advantage over similar companies. Started by ex-architects who made the transition to DM, they are open to hiring ex-architectural professionals + can offer a unique, personalised training programme which will accelerate your development into a fully-fledged DM within a short space of time.
Within 6 months you'll be where you would have been in 2 years working as a DM in a "traditional" practice.
One employee told us "They promised extensive training and that's certainly been delivered - in the past few months I've done everything I set out to do and more!"
However, this isn't the only advantage to this position + company. We asked current employees what the best things about working for this consultancy are.
They told us:
- Project variety
"Sometimes working in traditional practice, you're very insular - focused on your own company + projects, sometimes for years. My favourite is the variety of projects + network we have - you'll get to work on the "best of the best", firms like Fosters, Zaha, Heatherwick, BIG - including working in their offices and with multiple clients at the same time"
- Career development
"They really look after staff in terms of training. There's a comprehensive training schedule to make sure every tool is introduced to new starters, which makes you feel a lot more comfortable - especially if, like me, you're from an overwhelmingly design based background. I come from a large practice + the smaller size of the company enables a greater focus on individual growth and also team growth"
- Strong pipeline + outlook - recession proof business
"The company has grown by a third in the time I've been there, which is incredible. While other studios have project going on hold, we have a lot of new + exciting project going ahead, so it's looking great for us"
- Particularly enjoy the client facing + team management aspect of architecture
- Are highly organised + easily identify key deliverables.
- Have experience of creating project timelines + programmes, understanding dependencies, ordering priorities + understanding appropriate resource allocation within architectural projects
- Are great with client relationship management + engaging with external teams
- Enjoy a varied workload, including working within the offices of some of the UK's top firms on high profile projects - willing to travel within London
- Right to live + work in the UK
Is this you?
We would like to hear from you. Apply with your CV today