Project leadership and client facing role, managing the design process from pre-appointment to completion.
Key Responsibilities ?
- Management of design projects from pre appointment to completion.
- Meeting and building relationships with clients and potential clients, defining project and service requirements, identifying business opportunities and coordinating KKS Savills response to requirements. ?
- Prepare fee proposals, including fee resourcing, programmes and scope of services ?
- Pitch presentation participation, coordination and follow-up ?
- Establish role as client's 'day-to-day' contact for project coordination ?
- Produce and manage project programme, including monitoring staff resourcing throughout project duration ?
- Coordinate appointment documentation (contract) with client and Savills legal teams to contract execution ?
- Responsible for all client and professional team correspondence, including responsibility for issuing of meeting minutes, work authorisations and file notes
- Responsible for design team meeting key stage deliverable and deadlines
- Support the project design process through application of own design skill set and experience where appropriate e.g. Brief Delivery, Concept Design, Developed Design, Technical Design and Construction
- Prepare project invoice schedules, coordinate and monitor monthly invoicing, including the monitoring of project spend against project fees
- Provide monthly status to Project Director on billings against resource spend ?
- Responsible for project quality, ensuring projects are regularly audited by KKS Savills nominated experts, during each work phases ?
- Responsible for KKS Savills meeting contractual obligations with regards to project delivery ?
- Responsible for coordinating, including minute writing, all required client workshops, client presentations, professional team workshops, appointment of third party consultants, such as Principal Designers, and monitoring of third party consultants execution of duties and deliverables.
People Leadership: ?
- To set clear objectives in line with KKS Savills strategy and to measure performance against these ?
- To conduct regular 121's, hold team meetings and complete thorough probationary, interim and annual appraisals as per company guidelines ?
- To support team members personally (well being) and in career development via training (to ensure high skill levels both technically & behaviourally), coaching, mentoring and the promotion and succession/talent processes ?
- To adhere to all company processes with regards to people management and to role model professional behaviours at all times
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
People management and leadership experience, able to evidence:- ?
- Responsibility for strategic growth of teams, via recruitment and organic growth
- Proven ability to develop skills and enable personal and professional growth of individuals ?
- Able to delegate effectively for maximum results ?
- A motivator, able to create successful team working and individual performance and engagement ?
- Experience of successful conflict management and performance management
- Workplace interior architectural design experience - should have a design skill set to be able to support or lead delivery of projects during workplace strategy phase, concept and design phase or during technical and construction phase (dependent upon qualification and previous experience) ?
- AutoCAD and Microsoft Office essential ?
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically In design, is preferred ?
- Revit experience is beneficial ?
- HND or BA in design / architecture ?
- Project management expertise ?
- In-depth understanding of RIBA Work Stages ?
- Understanding of British Standards in relation to workplace design
- Understanding of Workplace Strategy processes ?
- Understanding of design detailing, specifications and construction
Skills and Knowledge
- Possesses vision and is able to develop complex strategies and solutions ? Strong attention to detail with an ability to track, monitor and resolve multiple matter ?
- Strong organisational skills, including strong administrative skills ?
- Excellent writing and communication skills ?
- Good presentation skills ?
- Excellent relationship builder to generate business ?
- Leadership: collaborates to establish clear goals, motivates to ensure achievement and engages in the well being of all team members ?
- Focused: commits to challenging goals and delivers consistently against these
- Strong team player: builds relationships and consults with others, quickly establishes trust and credibility ?
- Cost management: financial and commercial acumen with excellent planning, budgeting and operational reporting skills ?
- Continuous improvement: delivers efficiency in addition to effectiveness ?
- Self-starter, who relishes challenges and strives for the best ?
- Robust and prepared to lead from the front ?
- Diplomatic and challenging with the ability to influence others ?
- Confident with a positive outlook ?
- Strong decision maker who gives assurance ?
- Ethical with strong integrity ?
- Someone who has innate curiosity and is eager to experiment and push the boundaries of what is possible