A Design Led practice based in Clerkenwell is looking for a BIM Manager to join their team. Your role will be to implement the BIM process with the use or ArchiCAD. As the studios BIM Lead you will ensure all projects comply with the latest standards. Training and troubleshooting will also be a key aspect to your role with the studio.
- To act as the Archicad expert within the office, to manage Archicad systems and oversee the production of 3d models and 2d documentation along with the BIM Studio Team.
- To support the continued implementation of Archicad software, protocols, templates and libraries across the practice.
- To help the practice to determine and fulfil project requirements for BIM/BIM Level 2 and aid collaboration with consultants and stakeholders.
- Championing the use of Archicad, proactively assessing opportunities to improve workflows within Archicad and ensuring information is disseminated effectively across the office through training sessions.
- Developing and updating the Archicad template.
- Assessing training requirements, providing Archicad inductions for new members of staff, topup training for existing staff and office-wide CPD sessions.
- Liaising with clients and external team members to define BIM deliverables and facilitate collaborative working.
- Developing protocols and standards and building and maintaining libraries of attributes, favourites, translators and 2d details to aid efficiency and consistency.
- Ensuring the graphic and drawing annotation style is brought through all production information and drawings.
- Ensuring Archicad models are set up correctly from the outset of a project and helping teams to complete and maintain BIM Execution Plans.
- Reviewing all models to ensure adherence to standards and good modelling techniques. Holding regular reviews with project teams to ensure responsibilities, required deliverables and level of development is clear.
- Acting as the first point of call for queries and troubleshooting solutions to problems encountered.
- Supporting the IT Consultant with software updates, license management, Archicad BIM
Server support and researching third party plugins and tools.
- Keeping up to date with latest industry guidance and government regulation and attending Graphisoft and BIM related events.
- Working with the Directors and Associates to measure the value of BIM for the purpose of fee negotiations, to provide input on contractual issues and to help respond to BIM-related tender questions.
- An extensive, working knowledge of Archicad on large scale projects. Housing experience is desirable.
- Experience in a CAD management role including setting standards, designing templates and
writing protocols in an architectural environment.
- Sound knowledge of the UK Government's 2016 BIM Mandate, BIM Level 2 requirements and compliance with PAS 1192, ISO 19650 and COBie requirements.
- Experience of working with federated models and clash detection software, such as Solibri.
- Knowledge of other software families, in particular Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- A proven track record of supporting project delivery with the people skills and confidence
necessary to implement change and ensure adherence to new standards.
- Degree level architectural or technical background.
- Five years post qualification experience in practice.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft and clearly
communicate best practice procedures to the office.
- Well organised with the ability to work to deadlines, manage time and prioritise tasks accordingly.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and approachable.