Currently supporting a global digital architectural design firm based in London with their opening for an Application Software Stack Manager with a strong AEC background. Reporting to the Head of Project Technology and Infrastructure you will be enabling effective management, use, deployment and maintenance of the business's global Digital Design and business software stack as well as helping the business to manage and develop a broad software catalogue, and prospectively deliver it in a virtualised environment.
What will you be involved in?
- Be responsible for planning of the software lifecycle of the digital design application stack through an understanding of deployment priorities and software vendor's release cycles.
- Play a key role in developing and maintaining relationships.
- Enable an effective and efficient application deployment and user self-service process through supporting the Microsoft SCCM (now MEMCM) infrastructure from an application deployment and packaging perspective.
- Work with the IT help-desk and the in-house IT Operations Manager to ensure that this key piece of software infrastructure is effectively maintained.
- Work with the IT infrastructure team to ensure the software packaging system can meet the practice's needs.
- Understand license models and support in negotiating cost efficient conditions and license
- plans with software vendors.
- Establish a rolling programme of research that supports the evolution of the ZHA software stack and promotes the continuous improvement in the deployment and use of new and existing/upgraded applications.
- Monitor the existing application stack for redundant and/ or ageing apps and propose their replacement or retirement.
- Communicate the timetable for software deployments to the wider business.
- Engage the user community in user acceptance testing for the digital design software stack and any material changes to it.
- Take a lead role in the practice's prospective transition to virtualised workstation deployments with knowledge and understanding of the best methods for the deployment of the digital design software stack and contribution to developing a proof-of-concept environment.
- Maintain a sandbox capability for the testing of potential applications and upgrades.
What experience do you need?
- An academic background or substantial professional experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or Computer Sciences.
- Relevant experience and a sound understanding of a typical AEC Digital Design and Media/ Entertainment application stack (Autodesk, Adobe, McNeel software), relevant work-flows and interdependencies, enterprise software deployment tools and software packaging processes, Microsoft Office enterprise applications and application/ workstation virtualisation technologies.